Monday, July 28, 2008

Say It Ain't So

What, you ask, would possess me to write two news-related blogs within an hour? Well the first was to illicit sympathetic comments to ease my overactive imagination. This, however, is pure rant:

Kyle MacLachlan is an actor known for many things, but he will always and forever remain in my head as FBI Special Agent Dale Cooper from Twin Peaks, and with whom I was madly in love.

So what news is it that prompts my rage? This little nugget of gold (excerpted from an article on Kyle's new baby): "The former Twin Peaks player returns to the big screen next month in The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2".

Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2?? Oh Kyle, for shame. That's worse than anything Nicholas Cage sold out for. Was there really no alternative? You've progressed from the minds of the small group of Peakers into those of the general public with your stints on "Sex and the City" and "Desperate Housewives," and even those transgressions I had trouble forgiving you for. Were no other directors knocking on your door? Was no other script appealing? Are you really just not getting hired for anything else despite your turn on exceedlingly popular and yet mind-numbing primetime TV? Agent Cooper would be ashamed. If, you know, he was real and all.


Lesson of the Day: Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2???????

5 comments:

divya said...

I have only blurry images of Twin Peaks and Kyle from long ago, but feel real outrage hearing this news. I don't know what quickens the boiling of my blood-that Kyle is in Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2, or that they actually had the gall to make that movie.

designingthenest said...

oh kyle. i used to have the hots for him. but as soon as he became Charlotte's penilely soft husband in Sex and the City, i just couldn't look at him the same way.

Anonymous said...

Please name anything good Kyle has ever been in - Twin Peaks and Blue Velvet excepted. He clearly has no taste/a bad agent. I would say only Lynch can cast him well, but I've seen Dune.

Need further proof? I direct you to the pool sex scene in Showgirls.

Braids said...

It doesn't matter that he hasn't been in anything else good. All that matters is Twin Peaks.

I totally forgot about Showgirls. What a fabulous movie.

Anonymous said...

My point was that it's hardly worth criticizing him for choosing to be in SotTP2 -- the man has made a career of appearing in crap. SotTP2 seems like a perfect match.

And yes, Showgirls is fabulous.